Sunday, November 4, 2012

Married to my best friend

On April 17, 2012, Zakk asked me out on a date. Of course, I said yes. So, Wednesday, April 18, was a day filled with nerves and trying to find the right outfit. Definitely, not my thing, but I wanted to look nice for him. Time for the date had finally arrived and I was ready to meet Zakk. I could hardly wait. He picked me up and off we went. I was nervous and shy at first, but that quickly changed. He took me to see 'Titanic' in 3D and to eat pizza. Then we went and sat on the beach for a while and there was where we shared our first kiss. By the end of the date, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I wanted to spend the rest of my life telling him that I loved him, kissing him, fallen asleep in his arms and waken up to his sweet kiss. I knew all of this after our first date. What scared me most though, was I didn't know if he felt the same way or not. I didn't want to have to face a day without him.

Well, a couple months passed and Zakk finally told me he wanted the same thing I did. Whew! What a relief. Now my mind was wondering when he was goin to pop the question. This was the hard part...waiting and not knowing. I knew Zakk wanted to do things the right way and ask my dad for his permission to marry me. So, I kept bugging my dad to tell me when Zakk talked to him. He never told me. I was so mad at him...grr. June 9, 2012 rolled around, our day went on like normal. Later that night, Zakk had me get dressed because he wanted to go out. So, I agreed and got dressed. He took me to the beach where we had our first kiss. I didn't really wanna be out but I was trying to enjoy myself, just mainly because I was with him. We walked down aways and got away from everyone. Sat down and started talking, Zakk asked me, "If you could be doing anything else in this world right now, what would it be?" Of course, my response was, "Nothing, I have everything I want right here. I'm at my favorite spot with my favorite person." Then, to go on, he said, "I'd rather be doing one other thing and that's asking the girl I love to marry me". He got down on one knee and waited for my answer, which of course, was YES! How could I say no?! I hadn't been that happy in a long time and all I wanted was him, for the rest of our lives.

Then all the wedding talk started. We set a date for a small wedding, which ended up being the only one we had. We exchanged vows on June 24, 2012. Best day of my life. Our "honeymoon" was only that night, due to the fact we got married on a Sunday and he had to be at work on Monday morning. But we had the rest of Sunday to spend together because we got married at noon. We went and ate at Ruby's, went and packed a bag for the night and enjoyed our first day/night as a married couple. We spent the night in a villa on Del Mar beach (where we got married). It was so peaceful, I loved it. I just wish the "honeymoon" could've lasted longer. But that's what I get for gettin married on a Sunday and to a guy in the Navy. I wouldn't trade it for the world though.

We might have moved a lot faster than normal couples, but we have more love for each other than most couples that have been together for years. Yes, we have ups and downs, but who doesn't? To us, our marriage is perfect. It's all we've ever wanted. It's us and our little fur baby, Leia. Our own little family and we are perfectly happy just the way we are. Now, that I'm married, I couldn't picture my life any other way. I'm so happy and content.

I love being in love and married to my best friend. Est. June 24, 2012. Forever & Always.






No comments:

Post a Comment